Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in posts
Search in pages
Filter by Categories
Addiction Services
Community Health
Health Planning

How can I access detoxification or inpatient services?

Even though detoxification and inpatient services are not available at the Cecil County Health Department, the Alcohol and Drug Recovery Center can provide referrals when necessary. We have relationships with several facilities in neighboring counties and states. Here is what you need to know.

If you have insurance, your first step is to contact your provider. You should ask the following:

  • What coverage do I have for these services?
  • How do I access the service?
  • Do I need a referral or to be evaluated by a physician or other healthcare professional?
  • What facilities do you cover?

If you do not have insurance, please contact our agency. Make sure you explain that you are seeking detoxification or inpatient services so you speak with a member of our clinical staff. Some of the information that will be gathered over the phone includes your name, what substance(s) you are using, physical status, mental health status, motivation, etc. You will then be scheduled for an assessment that will determine what level of care you require. Once it is determined what the most appropriate course of action is, our staff will help you find a facility.