Cecil County Mental Health Core Service Agency
The Cecil County Core Service Agency assures availability and access to an array of public behavioral health services for eligible residents with various mental health conditions. Eligible individuals are adults or children who have Medicaid as their primary health insurance. The CSA works collaboratively with the Maryland Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) and Optum Maryland to plan, develop, and monitor behavioral health services. The CSA also handles consumer complaints, grievances,or appeals as they relate to public behavioral health services in Cecil County.
How Can The Cecil County Core Service Agency Help Me?
- If you have Medicaid and are having difficulty finding a treatment provider or support.
- If you want to file a complaint about a public behavioral health service or provider.
- If you are looking for a specific service or a higher level of care or treatment.
- If you are uninsured and seeking behavioral health services
Maryland’s PBHS is set up to meet your mental health needs anywhere in the state. Services covered include:
- 24-hour crisis help
- Outpatient therapy
- Residential Rehabilitation Services
- Supported living remove
- Case Management Services
- Mobile treatment
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment Services
- Other community-based outpatient mental health service
How Do I Obtain Medicaid?
- File application through the local Department of Social Services (individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) automatically receive Medicaid.
- Pick up an application at: Cecil County Department of Social Services, 170 East Main Street Elkton, MD 21921 (410) 996-0100
For Immediate Assistance with a Mental Health Issues
- Please call the Eastern Shore Crisis Response & Resource Line at 1-888-407-8018 for information, referral or crisis assistance 24 hours daily/7 days a week.
- Optum Maryland PBHS Toll-free Help Line or Emergency Care 24 hours a day at (800) 888-1965
For non-emergency assistance, please contact:
- The Cecil County Mental Health Core Service Agency, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 410-996-5112.
For a list of Behavioral Health Providers in Cecil County, click here.