Cecil County Mental Health Core Service Agency
The Cecil County Core Service Agency assures the existence and timely access to quality Public Behavioral Health Services for eligible Cecil County residents and their families, suffering from the devastating effects of acute, as well as, serious persistent mental illness.
- Eastern Shore Crisis Resource Helpline For 24/7 information, referral or crisis assistance with a mental health issue, call (888) 407-8018.
- Cecil County Mental Health Core Agency: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p at (410) 996-5112.
- Optum Maryland PBHS Toll-Free Help or Emergency Care 24/7 at (800) 888-1965.
Functions of the Cecil County Core Service Agency
- To work collaboratively with Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) and Optum Maryland to coordinate and administer Maryland’s Public Mental Behavioral System (PBHS).
- To plan, develop, and manage a full range of treatment and rehabilitation services for Cecil County consumers with serious mental illness.
- To handle consumer complaints, grievances, and appeals.
- To assure consumer access and consumer rights
How Can The Cecil County Core Service Agency Help Me?
You (or someone you know) can get help from the Cecil County CSA if:
- You need mental health services and have Maryland Medical Assistance (Medicaid)
- You need mental health services and have limited income and cannot get Medicaid. In many cases a co-pay maybe required.
- Cecil County Mental Health Core Service Agency Brochure
- Behavioral Health Provider List
- Telepsychiatry Services
Maryland’s PBHS is set up to meet your mental health needs anywhere in the state. Services covered include:
- 24-hour crisis help
- Outpatient therapy
- Residential rehabilitation
- Supported living
- Other community-based outpatient mental health services
- Residential treatment
- Rehabilitation services
- Mobile treatment
- Day treatment
How Do I Obtain Medicaid?
- File application through the local Department of Social Services (individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) automatically receive Medicaid.
- Pick up an application at: Cecil County Department of Social Services, 170 East Main Street Elkton, MD 21921 (410) 996-0100
How To Get Help With Mental Health Issues?
- For 24/7 information, referral or crisis assistance with a mental health issue, call (888) 407-8018: Eastern Shore Crisis Resource Helpline.
- Cecil County Mental Health Core Service Agency Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (410) 996-5112
- Optum Maryland PBHS Toll-free Help Line or Emergency Care 24 hours a day at (800) 888-1965
Related Web Sites
- Network of Care for Behavioral Health
- Mental Hygiene Administration
- Maryland Value Options
- SAMHSA’s Mental Health Center
For further information please call (410) 996-5112.