Cecil County Health Department provides the latest and most accurate information about COVID-19. We aim to help you stay informed and make informed decisions about your health and those around you.
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by the novel coronavirus. It is highly contagious and can spread quickly from person to person through respiratory droplets when an infected person talks, coughs, or sneezes. The symptoms of COVID-19 range from mild to severe and can include fever, cough, fatigue, body aches, and loss of taste or smell.
For more information, visit: health.maryland.gov/
Vaccinations for All Ages
Getting vaccinated is one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones from COVID-19. Vaccines are safe and effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalization, and death from COVID-19. Vaccines are available for people of all ages, and we encourage everyone eligible to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
To register for a vaccination clinic for 5 to 11-year-olds, click here.
To register for a vaccination clinic for 12 years and older, click here.
Preventing the spread of COVID-19 is crucial in reducing the number of cases and keeping yourself and others safe. You can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following these essential steps:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Wear a mask in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household
- Practice social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from others
- Avoid large gatherings and crowded places
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow
- Stay home and isolate yourself if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19
- Isolation When Testing Positive
If you test positive for COVID-19, it’s important to isolate yourself to prevent the spread of the virus to others. Isolation means staying away from other people, including those in your household, for a specific period until you are no longer contagious.
There are several options for testing, including clinics and at home. They can be found here.
COVID-19 Treatment Options
If you test positive for COVID-19, it’s essential to seek medical attention immediately. Your healthcare provider will determine the best course of treatment based on your symptoms and medical history. Treatment may include rest, over-the-counter medications to reduce fever and alleviate symptoms, or more intensive medical care in a hospital setting.
There are several options for the treatment of a Covid-19 infection. They can be found here.
Vaccination Verification and Digital Vaccination Cards
There are several ways to verify your vaccination they can be found here.
If you have COVID-19
If you have COVID-19, it’s essential to follow these steps:
- Stay home and isolate yourself in a separate room if possible
- Wear a mask when you are around others
- Avoid sharing household items like dishes and towels
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
Monitor your symptoms and seek medical attention if they worsen
- We hope this information has helped you understand COVID-19 and how to protect yourself and others.
- Remember to stay informed, practice prevention measures, and seek medical attention if you have symptoms or test positive for COVID-19.
Click here to learn more about the effects, symptoms, treatment, and resources.