What is the Healthy Families Cecil County Program?
Healthy Families Cecil County, an affiliate of Healthy Families America, works alongside families in the community to support positive parent-child relationships, improve family self-sufficiency, and promote social-emotional wellbeing of children through intensive home visiting. The Healthy Families Cecil County program goals are to:
- Build and sustain community partnerships to systematically engage overburdened families in home visiting services prenatally or at birth.
- Cultivate and strengthen nurturing parent-child relationships
- Promote healthy childhood growth and development
- Enhance family functioning by reducing risk and building protective factors
Healthy Families Cecil County is voluntary, and services are provided at no cost to the families.
Healthy Families Cecil County services for pregnant women include:
- Support and education on pregnancy, parent-child bonding, and child development;
- Assistance in accessing medical care and transportation;
- Information and support on preparing for the baby;
- Linkages with other resources as needed.
Healthy Families Cecil County services for families and children include:
- Family support;
- Education on infant/toddler growth and development;
- Monitoring and referrals for childhood immunizations;
- Assistance in selecting and accessing pediatric medical care;
- Age/developmentally appropriate curriculum modules (birth – 5 years of age);
- Regular child developmental screening/assessment and early intervention referral if needed;
- Linkages with other community resources as needed.
Who is eligible?
Pregnant women and families with newborns who live in Cecil County and receive a positive referral screening. There are no income, education, or employment restrictions for Healthy Families Cecil County.
Who do I contact with questions or to make a referral to Healthy Families Cecil County?
Call (410) 996-5168 to speak to a Healthy Families Cecil County staff member or click here to make a referral.