Lyndsey Scott, Director: (410) 996-5168
The Division of Health Promotion interacts with the community by providing health education and outreach programs. Registered Nurses, Health Educators, Coordinators of Special Programs, and Outreach Workers educate and encourage Cecil County residents to practice behavioral changes that prevent disease and help promote healthy lifestyles.
Infants to senior citizens enjoy extensive services and programs, including lead testing, cancer screenings, diabetes prevention, chronic disease management, and free smoking cessation programs -Nicotine Replacement and Non-Nicotine Therapy Voucher Program. Funding opportunities are available to community groups for tobacco use prevention. Staff assists the Healthy Lifestyles, Cancer, and Tobacco Task Forces in developing Drug Free Cecil and the Drug Free Cecil Youth Coalition to implement strategies that address health-related issues and plans to improve overall health in the community. Staff provides information and educational materials on health topics by request.
- Cancer Control
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Program
- Chronic Condition Prevention and
- Management includes National Diabetes Prevention Program, Living Well with Chronic Conditions, Living Well with Diabetes, Living Well with Chronic Pain, Cancer: Thriving and Surviving.
- Health Education and Community Outreach Programs
- Maternal and Child Health Services
- Community Action Team (Child injury and mortality prevention)
- Healthy Families Cecil County
- Blood Lead Case Management,
- Pregnancy Support Groups (Mom-to-Be), Family Support Groups, Family Connections
- MD Cigarette Restitution Fund Program
- Colorectal Cancer Education, Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment Program
- Tobacco Use Prevention and Smoking Cessation Programs/Services
- Nicotine Replacement and Non-Nicotine Therapy Voucher Program
- Tobacco Use Prevention/Cessation Funding Opportunities
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention Services, including Drug Free Cecil, Drug Free Cecil Youth Coalition