Third Moderna or Pfizer Dose Recommended for Immunocompromised Individuals
The CDC recommends that moderately to severely immunocompromised people get an additional third shot. Individuals should talk to their doctors to determine if they need an additional dose and what the timing of that dose should be, especially if they have:
- Been receiving active tumor or blood cancer treatment
- Received an organ transplant or stem cell transplant within the last 2 years and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency like DiGeorge or Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome
- An advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
If you are in need a a third dose of Moderna, please contact [email protected] or 410-996-1005 for assistance. Immunocompromised individuals in need of a third Pfizer dose should contact their original vaccination site.