Vaccination and Booster Clinics
Vaccines are here to help protect against serious illness from COVID-19. All Marylanders ages 6 months and older are now eligible to get vaccinated.
To schedule a Covid-19 vaccine appointment for those ages-12 and over click here.
To schedule a Covid-19 vaccine appointment for children ages 6 months to 5 years old or 5-11 click here.
Cecil County Health Departments will be held at our 401 Bow St. location.
Vaccination Requirements and Reminders
- Appointments are required. Adults must bring identification with a birthdate. Minors require consent from a parent or guardian. Acceptable information includes government-issued ID cards, drivers license, or passport.
- Please remember that this vaccine may require a second dose approximately 21 – 28 days (depending on vaccine manufacturer) following the first dose. You should keep this follow-up appointment in mind when scheduling your initial appointment.
- Please do not come to the vaccine clinic if you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms if you have tested positive for COVID in the prior 10 days, if you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID in the last 10 days, or if you have received any other vaccination (flu, pneumonia, etc.) within the last 14 days.
- Please be prepared to remain in our observation area for at least 15 minutes after you are vaccinated. There are NO exceptions to this requirement. You may be asked to remain under observation for up to 30 minutes based on your health history.
Vaccine is available at many other other providers in the county, including:
- ACME Pharmacy Elkton (Pfizer): https://local.pharmacy.acmemarkets.com/md/elkton/101-big-elk-mall.html
- CVS Elkton (Moderna): www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine
- Hillcrest Pharmacy & Compounding of Elkton (Moderna & Pfizer): www.hillcrestelk.com
- Northside Pharmacy, Elkton (Moderna & Pfizer): https://northsidepharm.com/
- Rite Aid Elkton (Moderna & Pfizer): www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/covid-qualifier
- Walgreens Elkton, North East & Perryville (Moderna): www.walgreens.com/findcare/vaccination/covid-19
- Walmart Elkton & North East (Moderna & Pfizer): www.walmart.com/cp/1228302
- Welcare Pharmacy, Elkton (Moderna): Phone: (443) 207-5105
The CDC has expanded eligibility for COVID-19 Booster Shots.
Moderna & Pfizer Booster Eligibility
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Protection (CDC) expanded vaccine eligibility to allow a second booster dose of the Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for individuals over 50 years of age and certain immunocompromised individuals four months after the first booster dose.
Additionally, the CDC expanded eligibility to allow a second booster dose of Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for individuals who received a
primary and booster dose of Janssen (J&J) COVID-19 vaccine at least four months
All individuals 18 and older are eligible to receive a Moderna booster 6 months after their second dose.
All individuals 12 and older are eligible to receive a Pfizer booster 5 months after their second dose.
Mixing & Matching Vaccine Booster Shots
Eligible individuals may choose which vaccine they receive as a booster dose.
Please talk to your medical provider if you have questions about whether to get a booster shot and if a different booster shot is recommended.
For more information on booster shots visit CDC-Booster Shots
The CDC currently recommends that moderately to severely immunocompromised people get an additional third shot of Moderna or Pfizer vaccine at least 28 days after their second dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active tumor or blood cancer treatment;
- Received an organ transplant or stem cell transplant within the last 2 years and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system;
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system;
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency like DiGeorge or Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome;
- An advanced or untreated HIV infection; or
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response.
How Do I Access My Vaccination Records?
Cecil County Health Department is working with PinPoint US, LLC to offer VaccineCheck – a program that creates free digital COVID-19 vaccination cards for Cecil County residents, regardless of where they were vaccinated.
Maryland MyIR is a free website service that allows consumers to view and print copies of their official vaccination records directly from ImmuNet, Maryland’s immunization information system, which can be found here.