COVID-19 Vaccination & Testing Updates
Looking for COVID-19 vaccine information and current testing site schedules? Check for updates here.
On April 12, all Marylanders 16 and older will be eligible to schedule appointments and get vaccinated. The Cecil County Health Department has created Vaccine Interest Forms for individuals interested in getting the COVID-19 vaccines. Once you complete your interest form, please allow up to 4 weeks from the date you become eligible to receive information on how to register for upcoming vaccination clinics due to the limited supply of vaccine. A separate interest form must be completed for each eligible individual.
To complete an interest form, kindly follow the links below:
Phase 1 Interest Form: https://forms.gle/pWT96DsSoJCWm2We8
Phase 2 Interest Form: https://forms.gle/Fu515Uagmzw6tcju7
Phase 3 Interest Form: https://forms.gle/d2PzUJEGsHSBHhez7
COVID-19 Vaccine Update: The Cecil County Health Department has expanded vaccination efforts to cover all individuals eligible in Phases 1A – 1C of Maryland’s Vaccination Plan.
WE ARE CURRENTLY IN PHASE 2B:
- All licensed, registered and certified health care providers
- Front line hospital staff
- Nursing home residents and staff
- Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Assisted living, independent living, behavioral health and developmentally disabled group homes, and other congregate facilities
- Law enforcement and firefighters, EMS
- Education staff, including K-12 teachers, support staff and daycare providers
- Correctional health care staff and officers
- Public safety workers not covered in Phase 1A
- Health care workers not covered in Phase 1A, including but not limited to lab services, public health, vaccine manufacturing and other health care professions
- Front line judiciary staff
- Continuity of government
- Food/agriculture production, critical manufacturing, U.S. Postal Service, public mass transit, grocery store employees
- Veterinarians and support staff
- Clergy and other essential support for houses of worship
- Adults age 60 and older
- Individuals who are currently hospitalized AND diagnosed with the following criteria:
- Cancer patients who are currently in active treatment
- End stage renal disease patients requiring hemodialysis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), especially those who are
- oxygen-dependent or are steroid dependent
- Solid organ transplant recipients
- Sickle cell disease patients
- Diabetic patients (Type 1 and Type 2)
- Individuals ages 16+ with underlying medical conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19 illness
- Individuals ages 16+ with disabilities who are receiving SSI or SSDI benefits
- Individuals participating in Maryland Medicaid EID
- Maryland Medicaid REM recipients
- Individuals receiving TDAP benefits
- Individuals receiving long term services and supports through Maryland’s Medicaid waiver and state plan services (learn more)
- All Marylanders age 55 and older, as well as essential workers in critical industries, including construction workers, food services, utilities, transportation, financial services, IT and other infrastructure.
PHASE 3 will begin on April 12 and will include the general population, including healthy adults age 16 and older
For more information about the priority groups can be found at: https://covidlink.maryland.gov/content/vaccine/
COVID-19 Vaccination Registration Process: To assist you in the online vaccine registration process, the Health Department has created an interest form to gather contact information that will be used to communicate vaccination clinic registration information. Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the registration process.
April COVID-19 Testing Schedule
The Cecil County Health Department is offering FREE drive-thru COVID-19 testing BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at 401 Bow Street, Elkton on:
- Mondays in April from 9 am – 11 am
- Wednesdays in April from 4 pm – 6 pm
You do not need a doctor’s order or symptoms to get tested. Testing will take place indoors and appointments are required. Please bring ID. To schedule a COVID-19 test please fill out our online form.
Questions about COVID-19?
Call our Call Center at 410-996-1005